Our Commitment To Privacy
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We have several areas where members can submit information to us, and we also have features that automatically collect information from our members and other users.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
We have certain areas where we ask you to provide information to us:
* Registration. You may register with us to use some of our member only features on our site. We may also offer the option for you to register with us or sign up for our mailing list without having to use any other product or service. During registration, you provide your "contact information" (which identifies you and how we can contact you, such as your name and email address) as well as certain demographic information (which describes certain information about you, such as your country of residence). You may be asked to enter a e-mail address and password. We may also ask you to provide additional information about your music preferences, so that we can cater to those preferences.
* Communications from Us and Mailing Lists. In order to keep our members informed about the operation of our services, we will send e-mails and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of our site and subscription service. We also allow you to choose whether to receive mailings from partners and sponsors that we think will be of interest to you. Marketing e-mail from us will come with instructions for how to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
* Communications with Us. We have features where you can submit information to us (such as when contacting us with a question or problem related to the service). We will retain your emails and other information you submit to us for our internal purposes, and to help us to serve you better.
* Communications with Friends. Our site may also have certain features that allow you to send information to others (such as via a "Tell a Friend", "Mail a song"). We will use the contact information you enter for your friends only to send the email, and then we will delete it from our system.
* Interactive Features. We also may offer interactive features, such as message boards ,etc. Note that all personal information you send or post via such features becomes public information, and we are not responsible for any information you choose to make public (including any online identifier, such as an email address, instant messenger name or member name). We may store such information in an aggregate form but we will not file or retain such information on a personal basis. We may monitor such traffic via electronic software or personnel but only to check for obscenity, defamation or other types of abusive language, which we reserve the right to remove at any time.
* Contests and Sweepstakes. We may also have contests or sweepstakes at our site, or in partnership with one or more of our Affiliate Sites or sponsors. When you enter contests or sweepstakes at our site or one of our Affiliate Sites, we request contact information from you, such as your full name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number. We will use the information you provide for our internal purposes, to communicate with you and to conduct the promotion (for example, to contact you if you have won). If we intend to use the information you provide for other purposes, we will so specify as part of the sweepstakes or contest sign-up procedures. When we partner with Affiliate Sites or sponsors in offering contests or sweepstakes, we may share (provide and receive) information with them.
* Surveys. We may occasionally ask members to participate in surveys. Such surveys will be voluntary. They are intended to improve your member experience and any information you provide we may associate with your member name for future use. Any personal information collected will be used only by us unless we specify otherwise, although we may share aggregate survey result information with others.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION Cookies. We use a software technology called "cookies" for several purposes, depending on the type of cookie employed. Within theukstar.com, we use what are commonly called "session" cookies, meaning that they only last as long as you are online. We use these cookies to identify you as a valid subscriber so that we can deliver music to you, to ensure that no one else can sign on simultaneously with your account from another computer and to help us personalize your service experience based on your registration preferences (such as genre). We may also use session cookies to help us facilitate any promotions or surveys that we provide. As part of the sign-in process, we may also use what are commonly called "persistent" cookies which stay with you after your session is over and you are offline. We only use these cookies in connection with a sign-in feature that allows you to save your member name and password so that the next time you sign in, these fields will be prepopulated for you. This cookie is only offered in conjunction with certain Affiliate Sites that choose to make it available and it can only be activated if you select that option during your sign-in. If you select this option you can always deselect it each time you sign-in.
Third Party Advertising The ads appearing on this Web site are delivered to you by different companies and our Web advertising partner. Information about your visit to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you on this site.
Third Party Cookies In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share (provide and receive) with others certain aggregate service information, which is not personally identifiable. This information may include usage and demographic data, but it will not include personal information (such as your email address). We may use aggregate demographic information about our audience in order to improve our service, for marketing purposes and/or industry reporting purposes.
theukstar.com endeavors to protect the security of your personal information and your choices for its intended use. We use secure SSL technology to protect the transmission of sensitive information such as your registration, login, and credit card information.
We store your personal information on a secure server, and use special procedures designed to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
We may display links to other sites within theukstar.com. We are not responsible for those other sites, their privacy policies or how they treat information about their members. We advise you to check their privacy policies to find out how they are treating your personal information.